Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Quick Blog #4- Whip My Hair

After watching Willow Smith's, Whip My Hair music video I decided that I do not find her music video sexualized at all. I think because she is such a young girl and exuding so much confidence that it made some people uncomfortable. I think that because she has the image of an older teen and is talking things that do not pertain to her age group (talking about swagger/haters, etc) it is shocking people. I find the video INAPPROPRIATE for her age group but not overtly sexual. She's an adorable little girl who is clearly very talented, her video is gimmicky and somewhat not respectable for her age, however, she shouldn't be condemned for her talent because she is very young. I hope that she continues to produce music and keeps her great self confidence, but I hope she doesn't fall into the category of female musicians that feel the need to overly sexualize themselves to fit our society's idea of the female image.

No comments:

Post a Comment