Saturday, January 22, 2011

Blog Post #15- What can I do?

As a South Korean natural born citizen, adopted and living in the United States. I very much want to help guide people through the understanding of adopted citizens. I also would like to talk to children (and sometimes certain adults) about the importance of acceptance to every human being, involving race, gender, etc. Because I am adopted and stay in contact with everyone I was on the plane with, I know that I have a strong and solid sphere of people that are all fighting for the same cause as me. For people to understand, what it's like to be "different." I think we as a nation can start by trying to understand as much as we can about other people. There is not one "perfect kind of" person. There are many different lifestyles and many different types of people. As a society, we can start by trying to understand this.

No comments:

Post a Comment